Friday, November 11, 2005

Both Sides Now - Veteran's Day

Thank you to all people who do what they believe in, no matter what differences I may have with your views. I am grateful for many things about this country and the people in it. But, are we supposed to say "Happy" day? By the way, Google did no masthead graphics today, whatever that means.

Unequivocally, I am opposed to this war. We are long past due for a new paradigm. To all you Christians in the house, I honor your basic principles. I strive to live by them, pagan-hearted though I am. A lot of your bylaws suck, and directly contradict your dogma. Nonetheless, I find I consistently defend you to people who call religion "a crutch," "for simple-minded people," "a force for evil and greed," etc. Most all of us are really after the same good things, whatever our practices. Religion isn't bad; bad behavior is bad.

God is mightily disappointed just about now, and before the grace of a second coming, we need a 2nd Moses first. Since the rules have been too complicated to follow thus far, the New and Improved Ten Commandments will be simplified to this -

repeat ten times:

Thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not kill...

If you can brave this (not too graphic, just too sad), please watch the video so you can sign the petition at the end. I think it's a Mitzvah for Veteran's Day. Take a moment of silence.

http://www.afsc.org/iraq/movie.htm

(i apologize for my lack of web mastery. someday i will learn the tricks of the trade and get all my references high-lit, linked, and baubly. you can click on the post title to get the flick.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thou shalt not kill--no shit. I challenged my dad (a total christian) with this stunning hypocrisy in a conversation about war. what happened to "turn the other cheek" huh? It's so fun how they pick and choose when to be "christ-like" depending on the situation...